Front Desk • Customer Service • Gym Floor Personnel
APPLY AFTER YOU HAVE READ & AGREE TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
Where: Fitness Factory, 3501 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores, AL
Hours: 10-25 hours per week (schedule will vary per our staffed hours and you WILL be required to work some Saturday [mornings] & Sunday [afternoons during summer busy season])
Overview: Lead by example. A staff member’s personality is the first thing a member will notice when they step into our facility and first impressions are the most important. We want to know you will make everyone feel welcome by providing WARM, ENGAGING, UP-BEAT, POSITIVE energy while serving all members and guests. We want to ensure that our members and clients receive exceptional service from HAPPY, FRIENDLY, ENTHUSIASTIC staff in a clean, well-maintained facility. We are looking for an employee that brings energy and focus every day to work, so, if you are unable to leave your personal issues/emotions at the door of our facility, we are not interested in having you be a part of the Fitness Factory team. We need someone that can oversee the gym’s day to day operations, have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, be self-reliant and ability to work unsupervised, as well as properly execute all functions of cleaning, transaction handling of members’ and guests’ accounts, administrative tasks, among other things.
Salary: Starting at $10.00/hour (probationary review after 60-90 days, with options of commission if willing to put forth the effort)
Apply: Send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org OR apply in-person during staffed hours at Fitness Factory
Mandatory Duties & Responsibilities:
• Greeting current and potential members and clients, give facility tours and membership presentations to potential new members, make sure everyone signs in, collect money owed, update and maintain members’ accounts and contracts, and assist employer with administrative tasks.
• Develop and maintain relations with members, clients and guests.
• Keep employer notified of membership contracts about to expire and members that are delinquent.
• Make sure the facility stays clean and well-maintained on a daily basis.
• Cleanliness is a very important feature of our facility. You will be doing daily general cleaning upkeep of equipment and facility to include, but not limited to: mopping, sweeping and vacuuming floors; dusting and wiping down all machines and equipment; cleaning underneath equipment janitorial work in restrooms and showers; cleaning mirrors, windows and entrance to facility; take out all trash; and maintain cleanliness of tanning and sauna rooms.
• Keep employer notified of status of facility’s inventory and supplies.
• Consistently and actively look for opportunities to enroll new members, improve gym sales and provide a great member experience through self-generated and company-sponsored programs, promotions and referrals.
• Book fitness assessments for new members and clients and personal training appointments in a timely manner.
• Process accurate cash, check and credit card transactions and balance all cash, check, credit card payments processed during shift.
• Perform facility walk through every hour to ensure all equipment is in working order and in proper places.
• Comply and complete daily shift reports.
• Responds to all inquiries, requests and concerns made by members and employer, and follow through to assure satisfactory outcome.
• Comply with all rules and policies of Coastal Fitness Factory, LLC and notify employer of any known breaches by any person of said rules and policies.
• Promote the company at and out of work, including promoting the company by social media outlets.
• Will receive complimentary gym membership.
Specific Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
• First and foremost, a passion for health and fitness is a must, as well as being assertive and enthusiastic.
• Able to work a minimum of 10 and up to 45 hours (if needed) per week, and must be capable of working Saturdays from 8am to Noon and Sunday afternoons.
• Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with members, clients and guests.
• Have an outgoing personality with the capability to quickly build a rapport with prospective members and clients.
• Previous experience in sales and customer service and have ability to manage money.
• Must be able to multi-task, adapt to a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, and be self-reliant.
• Reliable transportation is a must.
• Proficient in Word, Excel as well as other standard computer-based applications.
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work unsupervised.
• Be knowledgeable of all products and services.
• Ability to deflect objections and offer plausible solutions to whatever objection may arise.
• Must be able to pass drug test and background check.
• Professional and team attitude towards employer, co-workers, trainers, instructors and members is a must.
• Prior fitness-specific sales preferred but not a requirement.
• There will be no medical benefits provided at this time.
• Continual standing and walking during entire shift.
• Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
• Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. (re-racking weights, etc.)
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
How many years of Cashier experience do you have?
How many years of Customer Service experience do you have?
How many years of Customer Service Skills experience do you have?
How many years of Sales experience do you have?
Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
Are you in Gulf Shores, AL?
Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?